Thursday, April 28, 2011

British Pavilion - Expo'67





My postcard collection is pretty lame when it comes to British Royalty, so I have nothing to post in honor of the wedding today. I do have a lot of cards of the World's Fair in Montreal, 1967, however, so with a little bit of a stretch to make the connection, here are two views of the Great Britain pavilion from Expo'67! The bottom view is one of a series of cards depicting architectural models of the various pavilions, presumably sold before the fair's construction was completed.


5 comments:

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

It's quite a relief to see a different subject. There are some of us who have seen and heard quite enough about the wedding! :)

Heather said...

All I can remember of that expo, was the enourmous parking lot and the Mexican style sombraros each of us children received.

Dorincard said...

Unusual! :)

viridian said...

Heck my contribution is from the beginning of the American revolutionary war! Such cheek!

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

That's an interesting postcard. Mine is up - My PFF Entry.