This beautiful post office, designed by Treasury Architect James Knox Taylor, was built in 1911. The building was placed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1977 and was sold at auction in 1980 for $112,000. It is now occupied by several businesses including the Mid-Maine Chamber of Commerce and Mainely Brews Tavern.
Entire original contents Copyright 2010 Max Gordon. Contributed items are copyright their respective creators. No part of this work may be copied or republished in electronic or printed form without prior approval of the respective copyright holder.