Friday, July 1, 2011

In-Zane Asylum

When in Zanesville, stay in the Zane Hotel! This beautiful linen card comes from this Ohio town, currently about 25,000 people.

The other big deal in town is the "Y" bridge, the only bridge of its kind in the United States. It spans the confluence of the Licking and Muskingum rivers and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Visitors to the city are often surprised when they receive directions including the statement, "Drive to the middle of the bridge and turn right."

5 comments:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Wow! That's an interesting Y bridge. I have never been to Ohio and hopefully someday, I will be able to visit. My Postcard Friendship Friday ENTRY is up. Thanks!

Snap said...

LOL! Too cool! Love this post. Happy PFF!

Postcard Journeys said...

That's an interesting bridge!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I rather like the look of the hotel. I've come across the Y bridge before but not Zanesville. It makes me wonder if there is a place starting with X nearby. I do hope so.

Postcard Perfect said...

I've been to Zane'sville,OH but never seen this place. :)

My Postcard Friendship Friday.